Born: October 6, 1982 in Yerevan, USSR (now Armenia)
Levon Aronian is the best of a talented group of Armenian grandmasters, and is a fixture in the top ten of the FIDE ratings list. Aronian's style shows a willingness to go into complex and original positions, where his aggressive play can shine.
- Won the 2002 World Junior Championship
- Won the 2005 FIDE Chess World Cup
- Won the 2006 Linares tournament
- Two first place finishes at Corus (2007, 2008)
- Three time Chess960 World Champion
- Won the 2009 World Rapid Chess Championship